Sunday, September 25, 2011

Epic Rice Steamer Fail

 
Epic Rice Steamer Fail
One other item on my bucket list is to learn to cook healthy wholesome foods. A friend suggested I try a microwave rice steamer and steam brown rice. So I went to Wally World and got a cheap microwave rice steamer.
I read the instructions. Simply 2 cups of water 2 cups of brown rice and and cook on high for 30 min.
Crap the whole rice steamer melted. As I deconstruct what happened it seems the water all boiled away and with 5 min to go the Steamer itself started to melt. Next time less rice more water and less time. The instructions did say brown rice cooking times would very wildly. I did not notice that until after the conflagration.


1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I love using my microwave veggie steamer and adding previously cooked brown rice on top of the veggies while they are cooking. I make a big batch of the rice and freeze it. Then when I want to add it to my steamer it thaws nicely while the veggies are cooking.

    ReplyDelete